- The Bible to be written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- That our God is the true living God of the Scriptures, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- In the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in the shedding of His blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection on the third day, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return at the second coming in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- That all people are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in a new relationship with God the Father. We believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that the unsaved will be banished to a place called hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female.
Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- That human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
As a Southern Baptist Church we adhere to The Baptist Faith and Message - A Statement Adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention June 14, 2000. (Click on the following link to read entire Baptist Faith and Message: http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp)